In 2015 Stef van der Bijl came up with the idea to build a floating bed, inspired by the end scene of the James Bond movie ‘The Spy who Loved me’.
This luxury minicapsule has all the gadgets that would possible fit into this small capsule.
- Material: the capsule has been build from fiberglass, the underwatership comes from a Circraft jetski.
- Size: the diameter of the boat measures 220cm.
- Engine: the boat is supplied with a 78 LBS electrical engine with 4 batteries.
- Steering: with a joystick the boat can be controlled.
- Gadgets. Besides joystick steering, the boat has some other custom made gadgets such as
- cognac leather double bed,
- mirror polished aluminum dashboard,
- fridge with a capacity of 3 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of water and 4 cans of beer
- front and rear camera’s, in case you want to lay down and maneuver the boat.
- audio installation with 4 speakers and a subwoofer,
- led lights in the polycarbonate dome, around the boat and a roof light
- polycarbonate dome which opens with remote control
- aluminum – leather shoeholders
- aluminum champagne glassholders
- aluminum phoneholder
- storage compartment for ropes, anchor, fire extinguisher and spare thruster.
The Spy who loves me is small, does not go faster than 7 km per hour, but is more luxury, striking and intimate than most other boats.
Stef van der Bijl calls it a floating furniture piece, since the interior and finishing details required so much talent, knowledge and patience.
Title: The Spy Who Loves Me
Year of built: 2017
Production numbers: 1 of 1
Price: 89.000 euro